This trend is catching on like crazy. I’ve seen it in magazines, such as vogue, and at work! We tried them out at Raylon and love them! The gold and silver really stand out on your skin and looks so different from any tattoos you’ve seen before.
Here are the tattoos I tried out. The bracelet and the ring are the best examples of the trend, and the tattoos on my foot and arm are more like regular temporary tattoos.
Find the trend at flashtat.com. The tattoos we tried are the Goldfish Kiss pack.
Here’s what the pack looks like:
Pretty cool, right?
Try it out!
Harem pants are awesome. They’re light, comfortable, and come in all different colors and designs. But sometimes it’s hard to know what to pair them with or whether or not they’re appropriate. My advice is to turn to basics. Most harem pants have an intricate design or bright colors so you want to balance that out with a basic top. Today I wore a gray pair with a white tee. The gray pair that I have from Aerie could be matched with many different colored/ patterned tops but since I wore them to work I still chose a basic white t-shirt.
Because this outfit is so basic, I chose to add color by pairing it with my favorite jeweled sandals.
I have another pair of harem pants from Old Navy that are not as versatile. They are navy blue with a bright pink pattern which makes them harder to match.
With these (again) I would wear a white t-shirt. But if you don’t mind looking “matchy-matchy” you can wear a shirt that matches one of the colors in the pattern of the pants. So with my pink and blue harem pants, another option I would wear is a hot pink shirt to match them.
Here are some other examples of the trend:
How would you wear harem pants? Try it out!
I can’t believe it’s been almost a month since I last posted already!
So, a quick update on my life since my last post:
1. I turned 22 🙂
2. Soon after my birthday I was in a car accident that landed me in the ER but no worries! I was just very sore and didn’t need any stitches. (thank god)
3. I got a job!!!!!!! Well, it’s a paid internship, but it’s exactly what I was hoping to find!! I started working for Raylon last week 🙂
4. Raylon is a Professional Salon Products Distributor and on my first day I got some Redken products to try. I’m loving them so I’ll probably post about them soon !
I’ve also been enjoying some down time at the pool; my favorite way to spend summer!
Look forward to more posts related to “how to look/dress professional” because I’m super excited about my new job and dressing the part is so important! I’m coming up with ideas as I write this 🙂
Have you heard? From the latest trends and hottest designers, to exclusive pre-orders and editor’s picks, shopBAZAAR.com is the ideal destination for all of your fashionable needs. Next time you are flipping through your latest issue of Harper’s BAZAAR, keep an eye out for the B’s – they denote an item that is sold on shopBAZAAR.com.
Here are some outfits I put together with my favorite pieces from shopBAZAAR.com!
The fishtail braid is an easy hairstyle that doesn’t take a lot of time and is a perfect look for summer. My sister inspired this post today. She is just starting to get interested in doing her own hair and trying out all kinds of hair styles. Her latest is the fishtail braid!
My younger sister made a fishtail braid in my hair today. Pretty good, don’t you think?!
Here’s a step by step graphic to help you learn how. That is, if you haven’t already tried it yet!
Plus, here are some tips from The Beauty Department:
- For a smoother braid, brush your hair out first. For a messier braid, leave the natural texture and separate the hair with your fingers.
- Create a pony tale using a clear elastic before you begin braiding. Then cut it out after you finish the braid. This will keep your braid nice and neat and you wont have to worry about holding all the pieces together while you braid.
- Don’t think too hard about this braid and end up confusing yourself. You’re simply making X’s with your strands; moving pieces of hair from side to side.
Try it out and send me a pic if you’d like!
Today I am so excited because I have been nominated for my first blogger award! It was so sweet of Fatima from Lipsticks and Coffee (love that name) to nominate me for the Liebster Award!!! Thank you so much Fatima :). Lipsticks and Coffee is Fatima’s personal blog that includes beauty reviews, shopping hauls, and anything else she feels like sharing. Check her out!
The Liebster Award rules:
You must link back to the person who nominated you;
You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you;
You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or 2000 if you want to go with that) followers to answer your questions;
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you;
You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated
Fatima’s Questions for Me: